Job Description

Position Title:  Assistant Manager

Directly Reports to: Executive Director

Employment Status: Full-Time/Exempt

Organization: First Tee of Tulsa

Organization History/Summary: The First Tee of Tulsa is a youth character development program that was founded by Southern Hills Country Club in 2001 and has served more than 112,000 Tulsa area youth during the past 20 years. By integrating the game of golf with the First Tee life skills curriculum, the program creates an active learning experience that builds inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience skills that kids can carry to everything they do. The First Tee staff delivers the life skills/golf program to children and teens ages 7-18. Most of the program is delivered at First Tee Tulsa headquarters located at Mohawk Park Golf Course, 5223 East 41st Street North; with the remaining portion of the program taught on school grounds, apartment complexes and youth centers throughout the Tulsa region.

Mission: To impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs and opportunities that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.

Role Definition:

The Assistant Manager position is a multi-dimensional job. He/she will spend approximately 25% of his/her time serving as a lead coach overseeing part-time staff and volunteers as well as coaching during class times scheduled during the 8-week spring, summer and fall sessions (Training will be provided). The remaining 75% of the time will be spent providing administrative support to the Executive Director through donor management, participant database entry, overseeing social media, and assisting in fundraising projects.



  • Overseeing First Tee part-time staff and volunteers during class time ensuring a safe, fun environment for a first-class experience.
  • Serve as a coach delivering the First Tee golf/ life skills curriculum (Training provided).
  • Team with First Tee staff assisting in implementation of participant tournaments.


  • Participant database entry into Sales Force (training provided)
  • Donor management
  • Assist in writing grant requests, proposals, and reports.
  • Formulate and update a list of prospective new donors.
  • Creation of quarterly newsletters and/or eblasts to send to current donors.
  • Write thank you notes to donors in a timely manner.
  • Team with Program Assistant gathering photos, information and creating posts for social media.
  • Create collateral and promotional materials to market the program.
  • Promote and supply assistance in fundraiser events including “The Traditions” golf event at Mohawk Park Golf Course.
  • Update First Tee Tulsa website with current content and pictures.
  • Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.

Special Terms and Conditions

Compensation – Competitive entry level pay; salary based

Vacation: Per employee handbook and at the discretion of the Executive Director

Sick and Holidays: Per employee handbook and at the discretion of the Executive Director

Other Benefits: First Tee of Tulsa provides 75% of medical health insurance


  • High school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred.
  • Likes to be with children and teens.
  • Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
  • Team player, energetic.
  • Must be able to communicate effectively with children, parents, peers, leadership, and community stakeholders.
  • Punctual, consistent, and dependable.
  • Self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
  • Must be willing to have a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to working some evenings and weekends.
  • Must have reliable transportation to worksite.
  • All employees are required a background check and drug screening.

Skills/Knowledge Preferred/Requirements:

Experience working, coaching, and/or volunteering with youth strongly preferred. Excellent writing skills a must. Basic knowledge of email and social media usage required.  Knowledge in the game of golf is a must; however, excellent skills is not a requirement.



The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.


Light to moderate physical activity required to include overseeing and facilitating programming outdoors, ability to stand ½ day at a time.


First Tee does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical​​​ condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or ​expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.


To apply, submit an inquiry to Janice Gibson   [email protected]

For more information contact Janice Gibson, Executive Director, (918) 591-4168