Dear First Tee of Tulsa Family,
We hope you all are safe and healthy. Summer is just around the corner and we are excited to begin our programming. Due to the Coronavirus, we are taking safety precautions, including reducing our class sizes, which means space will be limited.
Online registration is open and spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Below, you will find information on our revised programming and new protocol that will be in place. You can also find our summer schedule here
Please note the revised programming description and new protocol that will be in place:
How would it be different?
- When: The target date to begin summer programming is Monday, June 8th.
- Duration of Classes: Each student would attend one class per week for 8 weeks in a row. The Sorenstam and Jones level class times would be 1.5 hours in length with programming conducted in the 5 stations. In the Hogan-Ace levels, class times would be expanded to allow more time for on-course lessons. The Hogan class times would be expanded to 2 hours per meeting and the Whitworth-Ace levels would each be 3 hours meeting.
- Where: Mondays- 2 beginner level classes will be offered at Page Belcher. At Mohawk, the beginner level classes will be held in the mornings. The advanced level classes, Hogan- Ace, will be held Monday-Friday during the late morning and afternoon at Mohawk Park Golf Course. Exact class times for each level will be determined following the results of this email.
*All First Tee staff will have their temperature taken at the beginning of each work day and would be required to leave the premises if they have a temperature.
- Each student will be dropped off in an orderly fashion, one vehicle at a time, in a “drive through” manner. In the drop off zone, the parent will be required to complete a daily “Acknowledgement of Health Form” before the student would be allowed to leave the vehicle and participate in the lesson that day. If the student is exhibiting any symptoms do not bring them to class.
- Please refrain from enrolling your child in the programming if they or a member of your household: (i) are suffering from the Virus and for a period of 14 days after recovering from the Virus, (ii) have had exposure to persons infected by the Virus and for a period of 14 days thereafter, (iii) have had exposure to other persons who have had close contact with persons infected by the Virus and for a period of 14 days thereafter, (iv) are currently subject to any recommended self-quarantine or isolation for any reason, including recent travel, or (v) are currently suffering from symptoms of acute respiratory infection, including cough, fever, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- Additionally, before leaving the vehicle, First Tee students will have their temperature taken by a First Tee staff member using an infrared temperature gage. If a participant has a fever, that child would not be able to attend the class.
*We are asking all participants to bring a water bottle with them to every class. If a child does not have a water bottle, The First Tee of Tulsa will provide bottled water for the child.
- Students who do not have clubs will receive one club, a tennis ball and a golf ball. They will be required to bring these items to each class time. Parents must sign a release form stating they give permission for their child to receive the equipment.
- Strict social distancing rules would be implemented for students and staff during all class times. Social distancing of 6 feet would be required and enforced on the course as well as in the stations. One instructor per group would supervise the students during the on the course lessons. On the course, groups of no more than two students would be allowed. For classes conducted in the practice area, there would be one instructor assigned to each group of 5 students to enforce social distancing rules.
- Class sizes would be reduced to no more than 25 students in a class, with 5 students rotating through 5 different stations. There would be no more than 5 students in a station at a time, they would be separated a distance of 6 feet or more with an X marked on the ground for each student to easily recognize their space.
- Parents and family members would be not be allowed to spectate in the programming areas or walk the course during class times.
- We will meet and conduct all classes outdoors. With classes being conducted 100% outdoors, if inclement weather is predicted in the forecast, or arrives the day of class, we will cancel the class.
Entrance into the First Tee building will be restricted to First Tee instructors only. First Tee participants may use the restroom if necessary. If a child needs to use the restroom facilities, one student would be allowed in the building at a time.
- Range balls and all equipment will be sterilized in bleach before and after each use.
- We will require all participants and staff attending/teaching the class to wear a mask. If a child does not have a mask, The First Tee of Tulsa will provide one mask per child on the first day of class. The child will be required to wear the mask to all First Tee classes and would be responsible for laundering the mask daily.
If any participant or family member does not follow the safety protocols put forth by the First Tee of Tulsa during the programming session, that participant will be asked not to return for the duration of summer 2020 programming.
- Sorenstam @ Page Belcher: 9-10:30
- Jones/Hogan @ Page Belcher: 11-12:30
- Golf in the Park (Marshall Elementary Students): 1:30-3
- Sorenstam: 8:30-10
- Palmer: 10:45-1:45
- Birdie: 2:30-5:30
- Special Needs: 6-7
- Tulsa Boy’s Home: 9:45-11
- Sorenstam (Higher Esteem Only): 2:30-4:00
- Eagle/Ace: 11-2
- Jones: 9-10:30
Hogan: 11-1 (THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL)
Whitworth: 2-5 (THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL)
*Online registration is open. Click the “Register” button at the top of our website to begin the process.
Sorenstam/Jones/Hogan: 9-10:30 (THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL)
- First Tee Club: 11-12:30
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the First Tee office at (918) 591-4168.
We can’t wait to see you this summer!