At First Tee – Tulsa, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry into everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
- Public speaking
- Collaborating with a diverse team
In addition to operating at three golf course locations, Mohawk Park Golf Course, Page Belcher Golf Course, and The Canyons at Blackjack Ridge, we aim to keep the involvement with golf alive by collaborating with schools in and around our community. In order to develop future leaders in our society, First Tee – Tulsa offers a Leadership Program in which we invite our advanced PLAYers to participate in mentorship during classes. Our PLAYers are given the opportunity to serve others in their community through Community Service and Outreach Projects. Golf is more than just a game to us!
Advancing through the First Tee Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program. And of course, to having fun along the way!
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
National School Program
First Tee – Tulsa partners with 10 North Eastern Oklahoma school programs to provide curriculum training. We believe it is our mandate to support all children in their learning process! To find out more information or to apply for the National School Program, please contact: Janice Gibson at [email protected]